Ashwagandha has been used as a natural bodybuilding supplement in many cultures. The herb is mainly found in India. In recent years, the West has also started to catch up with natural alternatives like ashwagandha for bodybuilding and more strength. If you haven’t heard of this magical herb ever before, theislandnow.com will help you to know everything about it.
What is ashwagandha?
Scientifically known as Withania Somnifera and Winter Cherry and Indian ginseng is an herb highly placed in Ayurveda and has been used in traditional medicinal practices for centuries now. It got its name from a Sanskrit word, meaning the smell of the horse. This is because the plant has a characteristic horse smell.
Ashwagandha is an adaptogen with stress-relieving properties. Different parts of the herb are rich in bioactive compounds that exert anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and immunomodulatory actions on consumption. All these activities are helpful in relieving stress, elevating mood, and curing many physiologic ailments.
Benefits of ashwagandha
When something like ashwagandha is gaining huge popularity in the west, you know there have to be many benefits to it. Some of the benefits one can gain from ashwagandha are the following:
- It relieves stress and anxiety as researched by scientists. Many controlled trials have found this herb effective in improving mood and relieving stress. It also helps in getting a good night’s sleep.
- It is considered an aphrodisiac in Ayurveda, which means it aids in enhancing sexual function and also treating infertility.
- Ashwagandha is also found to be effective in managing the weight disorders like obesity. This effect is because of the antioxidants present in it.
How can people consume ashwagandha?
Now that you are clear on the benefits of ashwagandha, you may wonder how exactly one takes it. It can be consumed in various forms like powder, tincture, and supplements. Now, it is also available in the form of gummies. The most popular form of taking ashwagandha is dietary supplements.
The various types of products are sold by different brands with their uniqueness. If you find yourself in a difficult spot about choosing a brand, you can visit theislandnow.com. The contributing factors while making a choice are the following:
- The ashwagandha used in the supplements should be of the highest quality.
- You can also check for the lab testing and result of the supplements to ensure the quality standards of the brand.
- Last but not least is that you can read online reviews to get the experience of the existing customer base.
What are you waiting for? You can buy yourself an ashwagandha dietary supplement and see the results.