Co-codamol is the painkiller that is the mixture of paracetamol and codeine. You will find 500/30 strength, reason behind both the numbers is because of there being 500 mg of paracetamol strength and 30 mg of codeine strength and in every tablet. The common side effects will include constipation, headaches, feeling sick and vomiting and sleepy. You must consult your doctor immediately when you’ve any serious side effects like skin rashes, dizziness, and difficulty in urination. To get better relief from pain buy cocodamol online.
Co-codamol drug is the combination painkiller (or analgesic) consisting of paracetamol and codeine, often it is prescribed when the paracetamol doesn’t give efficient of pain relief. Paracetamol is the painkiller, which relieves mild or moderate pain as well as codeine is the stronger painkiller called as opioid. Co-codamol drug is used for treating several causes of the mild and moderate pain and it comes in form of tablets, capsules, and effervescent tablets. The codeine phosphate is available in the generic form. It goes by brand names of Solpadol, Kapake, Tylex, Codipar, or Zapain. This medication works great in eliminating any short-term pains or aches and often is used for the back pain. Also, it is generally taken when the painkillers like aspirin, ibuprofen and paracetamol have not successfully relieved the pain. You must stop taking this drug immediately in case you show any symptoms of allergic reaction:
- Wheals or itching
- Swelling of tongue, throat, lips and face
- Difficulty in breathing and swallowing
How to take co-codamol?
- Co-codamol caplets, capsules and tablets must get swallowed with water.
- Co-codamol is taken with/without food.
- Soluble and effervescent co-codamol drugs must get dissolved in water before taking.
What’s recommended dose for co-codamol?
- Adolescents above 12 – 18 years may take 1 or 2 co-codamol tablets each 6 hours as required to relieve the pain. Never take 8 or more tablets within 24 hours.
- Adults above 18 years can take 1 or 2 co-codamol tablets each 4 to 6 hours as required to relieve the pain. Never take eight or more tablets within 24 hours.
- Don’t take more than suggested dose.
How long do I take the co-codamol medicine for?
- Don’t take co-codamol drug for longer than it is directed by the doctor. Taking codeine often for a very long time will lead to the addiction to this medicine and the withdrawal symptoms if you stop using it.
- Co-codamol must not get used for three days or more in adolescents above 12 – 18 years.
- Consult your physician if your pain does not get better in spite of taking co-codamol.
How can I store Co-codamol?
- You can store Co-codamol in a dry and cool place
- Co-codamol must be stored out of children reach and sight.