More and more people today are working hard toward improving their body. Who doesn’t want to get noticed? Hitting the gym, taking the performance enhancing supplements that guarantee them to improve their performances now becomes a very common thing. Whether it’s an athlete in the field or gym person who wants better performance in less time, all are looking towards these supplements.
As for these performance-enhancing drugs, these are mostly used to improve athletic abilities and give fast results in less time.
Here listed below are most commonly use performance enhancing supplements today:
- Erythropoietin: EPO significantly increases aerobic abilities, especially endurance; it is often abused by endurance athletes such as marathon runners and cyclists. More EPO means more stem cells and red blood cells, higher hemoglobin levels and oxygen levels in the blood.
- Human Growth Hormone(HGH): It helps to reduce fat faster, it regulates body composition, body fluids, muscle and bone growth, sugar and fat metabolism, muscle building, weight loss, it also increase the muscle cells.
- Androstenedione: Its benefits include increasing the energy level in the body thus better performance, also for healthy red blood cells .it also increase in the production of the testosterone hormone to enhance athletic performance, enhance recovery and growth from exercise. It is also considered among the best performance enhancing supplements.
- Stimulants: These are used to improve endurance, it increases heart rate and blood pressure and reduce fatigue, and increase alertness thus work performance enhancer.
- Anabolic steroids: These are mostly taken as a pill; injection and using them increase the production of testosterone in the body thus making muscles bigger and helps the body recover from workouts more quickly.
These are only few, there are many more drugs that are used for enhancing performance in every field here below more:
- Testosterone Cypionate
- Testosterone Enanthate
But we can’t deny this fact that use of these performance enhancing drugs can result in both advantages and consequences. Today people’s growing desire to be fit and more appealing has increased that is making them using these drugs and increasing their demands.
Where there are benefits of these there are also adverse effects of taking them which need to be looked at:
- Risk of strokes and Heart attacks
- heart attacks
- Weight loss
- Increased heart rate and blood pressure
- Liver and kidney damage
- Prostate cancer
No doubt these drugs help the athletes like runners, a cyclist in enhancing their performances today making them a winner. And for teens today who see them as a way to bulk them.
It’s recommended to better look at both sides before using them. Your needs, dependence, and addiction towards these performance enhancing supplements may harm your life. Most importantly you must know how your body responds to these supplements. After all, what suits you best, you only know the best.