Every day we encounter different things that trigger stress. Stress is actually not a bad thing since it is the body’s way of responding to the pressure of the outside environment. When stressed, the body will interpret it as an attack and switches to “fight or flight” mode thereby releasing different kinds of hormones like cortisol, adrenaline, and norepinephrine for survival.
The challenge here is when the body interprets stress in inappropriate situations. If you experience a state of stress for longer periods, it is damaging to your health because of the elevated cortisol levels which can affect sugar, blood pressure levels and many more. If this is the case, you have to alleviate stress. There are healthy routines that you can partake visit ExpertsKnowBest today. Here are some routines to make you feel more relaxed:
- Meditation: Meditation is the perfect thing to do whenever you think that the world is going too fast. It will get you in the present moment and be thankful for everything. Try a 10 to 15 minutes meditation before you start your day. You can also meditate before sleeping. Whichever will work for you.
- Drinking green tea: Green tea is known for its calming properties. It contains theanine that can effectively promote relaxation plus other health benefits.
- Build your own “relaxation room”: One way to tackle stress is to create a controllable environment. You can, for instance, build a “relaxation room”. This room should contain things that make you feel more relaxed say a big television screen if you love movies, books if you love reading and even a mat for yoga or meditation. It is up to you what you think will make you feel relaxed.
- Watch what you eat: When you feel stressed out, you tend to crave for foods that are harmful to your health like sweets and salty foods. This is called binge eating. Binge eating can do more harm than good. To alleviate stress and improve bodily functions, make sure to eat healthy food and do not forget to watch out for the portion.
- Get a massage: Classic relaxation activity is getting a massage. It will remove body tension. Do not worry because it will not cost more money. The trick here is finding your ideal massage.
- Do some exercise: You may think that exercise will only increase your stress levels because you will be exhausted. This kind of thinking will surely make things worse for you. You have to remember that exercise not only strengthens the body but it can condition the mind. Exercise at least thrice a week for one hour and it can make a difference.