Addiction comes in many forms and this dealt a serious problem to a lot of individuals that affects not just themselves but their families, friends, their careers and even the society that they are living in. One of the most common type of addiction is drugs, and it is a major problem to a lot of countries around the world. Millions of people are addicted to prohibited drugs that it totally ruined their lives and the society that they are living in, and if you suspect that one of your family, friend or relative is having a drug addiction, this article might help you in determining a person if he or she is having a drug addiction by looking for these signs.
- KEEP TAKING ON A DRUG AFTER THE PRESCRIBED MEDICATION- If you happen to know someone who keeps on taking a specific drug that is no longer needed for his or her health problem then it is a sign of addiction. This type of addiction is categorized as dependence. They are either feel a lot well or there is a placebo effect on their body every time they are taking that specific drug. Whether it is for pain relief, sleeping pills, or a stimulant that makes them delighted, improved their mood and the feeling that they are very well which makes them very dependent to it. They developed tolerance to that drug that they developed dependence to it.
- THEY DON’T FEEL WELL IF THE DRUGS WEAR OFF- If a person who stops taking a specific drug feels depressed, physically ill like shaking, or having headaches and sweating, then their bodies have become dependent to it that they have an urge to take that drug in order for them to feel well. In short they cannot function well if they do not consume that drug.
- HAVE THE WILL TO STOP BUT DECIDED NOT TO- Addiction at first is a matter of decision whether or not you consume that drug in the first place despite the fact that your life could be ruined of it but instead, you still took it. That is a dangerous sign of addiction. If you put it in a simple manner, it is a matter of a yes or a no, and you are fully aware of the consequences once you have taken that drug, you could either step back and walk away or take it.
- HAVING TO THINK MORE ABOUT THE DRUG- A lot of drug addicts have the difficulties to erase the drugs on their minds because they have the euphoric effect of it when they consumed it. They think of how to get more of it, how they will take it, and how the good feeling taking it, if you happen to know a person who thinks like this, then it is a dangerous sign that they are developing an addiction.
- WHEN “SO MUCH” BECOMES A NORMAL- If you happen to know a person who is having a hard time giving to their limits, and they promise to consume moderately but instead they take drugs so much, then they are totally having an addiction. In fact, even when they use drugs moderately, it is still categorized as an addiction.
It is better to bring that person to a psychiatrist, a doctor for diagnosis and for treatment. One of the most common treatments for people with drug addiction or any forms of addiction is taking them to a drug and alcohol rehab.